Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Reading List

For a while, I've been collecting the titles of books to read in various places. I have been writing them in the back page of my journal. But once the journal is filled, the list gets hidden on a shelf somewhere. I know there's that site GoodReads, which probably has this function, but I don't want to input every book I've read into the site. So, here's a (constantly-changing) list of books I want to read or re-read. I welcome suggestions for other titles!

Funsies:
  • Three Musketeers, Alexandre Dumas
  • Babbit, Sinclair Lewis
  • Til We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis
  • Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson
Spiritual edification:
  • Shadow of the Almighty, Elizabeth Elliot
  • Heaven, Randy Alcorn
Career interests:
  • The Bottom Billion, Paul Collier
  • Born to Raise, Jerold Panas
  • Raising of Money, Jim Lord
  • Artful Journey, William Sturtevant
Disclaimer: some books on this list I expect to disagree with, but as J.S. Mill said, "He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

No comments:

Post a Comment